Few tips for safer holi with your loved ones
- Common issues happens with Skin, eye
- Organic and natural colors, skin friendly colors ( avoid strong chemicals, not good for your skin )
- Can use oil or creams for skin and hair before starting holi to avoid long term damage and easy removal of colors later on.
- Protect your eyes: wash eyes frequently, can even use sunglasses to protect but if significant burning or redness better to consult eye doctor.
- Try to save face and specially eyes from unwanted attack by water balloons or unwanted people coming from behind to color you.
- Preferably stay indoor to avoid unwanted Hooligans.
- Car safety: keep windows closed. avoid crowded places ( avoid Mob like situation). Keep your cool , no point in getting into fight with anyone.
- Stay in groups, do not roam alone , better to be safe.
- If you have skin allergy, better to consult your skin specialist rather than self medication
- Wet floors can lead to injury, so avoid running around water.
- Avoid alcohol or bhang.. even over indulgence in food can be bad, which you might regret later.
- Drinking and driving is absolute NO NO.
- Think about your loved one before doing anything silly.
This is a festival to spread happiess, do not be the reason for someone’s saddness. do not push people to play holi , if they do not want.
Dr Rahul Varma