Donating blood is one of the best things anyone can do. Anyone of us adults can donate blood. Proper checkup of the person is done prior to blood donation.
Advantage of blood donations are
- Our bone marrow is stimulated and new red blood cells are produced.
- It helps our heart to function more effectively.
- Due to flow of new red blood cells our body feels rejuvenated and strong.
- It also burns few calories
- You get to know your blood group. And also few screening tests are done.
- Best is “Acchha lagta hai”. It feels really good to know that you could possibly save 3 lives.
So Are You All Set to – DONATE BLOOD
Facts you should know:
- There is No alternative for blood. (It cannot be artificially made, so in case of emergencies the blood which we donate can be used)
- Anyone between 18 to 65 years of age can donate blood.
- Proper blood tests are done prior to taking blood, and if the donor is unfit or has low Hemoglobin, donation will not be done.
- We can donate blood every 3 months.
- Actual blood donation takes 6 -10 minutes. And whole procedure from registration to post donation refreshments take 25 to 35 minutes.
- It takes 24 hours to replenish blood volume.
- Donor’s blood will be tested for various diseases before it is deemed fit for transfusion.
- You get a free mini health check up in form of weight, height, BP monitoring and various blood tests absolutely FREE.
- You can donate anytime at any authorised blood bank or at various donation camps.
- Please Donate because Your Blood can ‘SAVE LIFE’
Dr Rahul Varma