Tooth decay is common illness in children and a cause of worry for most parents.
It develops in mouth when acid producing bacteria infects the tooth. Also seen when prolong exposure of sugar containing food or liquid occurs.
Things which can be done to prevent tooth decay:
- Gently wipe the mouth of child with a wet cloth after every feed.
- Clean teeth and gums after at regular interval.
- Do not put the child to bed with a bottle.
- Give sips of water after every meal.
- Do not give snacks or meals which are high in sugar or starch containing food.
- Brush tooth twice daily.
Always consult your Dental doctor in case of any query
Dr Rahul Varma