Motion sickness as we all know happens while traveling. It is more common in young children.
Motion sickness is very common while traveling especially to hilly areas. It can happen in any mode of transportation.
Symptoms can start suddenly or gradually. Most common symptoms are Nausea, Vomiting, dizziness, sweating etc. It usually stops as soon as we journey is completed. More frequent travelers have less of these symptoms.
How to prevent it
- Try to occupy the seat where minimum motion will be felt
- Road Trip: better to sit in front seat or drive yourself
- Train travel: Window seat and face forward
- Plane travel: Seat over front edge of wing is better. Direct the air vent flow towards your face
- By water (Ship): try to get front or middle cabin which is near the water level.
- Focus on distant stationary object. Do not stress yourself and avoid reading.
- Try to keep your head still
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid spicy food or heavy meals
- Avoid Alcohol
- Drink carbonated beverage to help settle stomach or Eat dry crackers
- Antihistaminics: 30 to 60 minutes prior to journey
- Transdermal Patch
- Hyosine (Buscopan)
- Phenergan (Promthazine)
These drugs should be given only under medical supervision after advice from your doctor.
For detail reading log on to below mentioned link
Dr Rahul varma