Why there is so much importance given to breast feed these days and what are its benefits to the baby and what are benefits to mother ? All parents esp. the first time couples have this query. Few of the important points in this regards are
Benefits to baby:
- Warmth to baby along with increased bonding between mother and child.
- Easily digestible ( They say breast milk is “Tailor made as per requirement of your baby” )
- No preparation is needed, ready to use.
- Hygiene is maintain, no chance of contamination with micro organisms.
- Best nutritious value i.e all the ingredient of balanced diet for baby.
- Increases Immunity of your baby.
- Prevents against allergies.
- Prevents various Infections. There is less incidence of ear infections, cough, cold, loose motions and other serious illnesses in breast feed babies.
- Best for optimum growth and development of your child.
Benefits for you (Mothers):
- Pre Pregnancy figure achieved earlier and easily in mothers who opt to breast feed their baby. More calories is lost in breast feeding.
- Natural Contraception. For 1st 6 months if Mother decides to exclusively breast feed child and her periods have not started, then high chance are there for natural contraception.
- Less incidence of ovarian and breast cancers in breastfeeding mothers.
- Increased bonding with their child.
- Less incidence of emotional disturbances
Besides above mentioned advantages, another point I want to make is ” breast feeding is cheapest, most hygienic and most nutritious food for your child, which will help in better brain development also “
Dr. Rahul Varma